Job Title: Producer
Reports to: Account Director
Salary: depending on experience
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Producer to join our Programme Development team, to work on the production (in print or online) of educational resources for teachers and pupils in UK schools.
An ideal candidate would be a proactive individual with some experience in an editorial role / of digital projects, including project management, the development of content and dealing with clients. Experience using a CMS would be very useful. The person should be organised, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be a strong communicator who can work well individually and in a team.
Teaching experience or an interest in education/young people would be an advantage, as would an interest in health education/sport or STEM.
Key responsibility areas
- Input into concept development for education projects
- Researching and commissioning educational authors and reviewers – writing briefs
- Copyediting, managing client and teacher feedback on typescripts and layouts
- Preparing scripts for Digital/Design; marking up design layouts and proofreading
- Uploading content to website CMS – testing and publishing to live environment – including web copywriting
- Testing digital work in progress – functionality and content checking
- Close liaison with Digital team colleagues on workflow planning and prioritisation, interpreting client briefs etc.
- Contribute to delivery of projects to schedule, budget and to EdComs’ quality standard.
- Some budgeting and scheduling – using Team Gantt or MS Project.
- Project admin – regular status calls/meetings; writing status reports and meeting minutes; data reports
- Managing competitions and awards schemes
- Liaise regularly with stakeholders e.g. teachers using our programmes
- Brief and manage suppliers and partner organisations
- Liaise with other teams across the company where appropriate e.g. Research team for project evaluation, Marketing team for promotion.
- Day-to-day contact with clients regarding project delivery
- Spot opportunities for business development with existing clients – maximise these or refer to colleagues.
Company benefits include:
- Great office environment – free breakfast, tea and coffee
- 22.5 days holiday a year and rising with service
- Birthdays off and 3 extra days at Christmas!
- Auto-enrolment pension following 3-month probation
- Training sessions to develop your growth
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Child care vouchers
- Health insurance after one year and life insurance from day one
- A sociable community – monthly Thirsty Thursdays; charity committee events (film nights, pub quizzes etc); a summer party as well as a Christmas party; team away days every year. We’re an agency that likes to do brilliant work and have fun while we do it.
If you are interested, drop us a line at email@example.com