When EDF Energy wanted to redevelop their education website, The Pod – which provides a wide range of teaching resources and campaign materials that promote knowledge of sustainability and scientific enquiry – the brief was to make the site easier for teachers, students and other stakeholders to use, and to deepen their engagement with the programme.
What we did
We worked with a range of teaching professionals and EDF Energy to develop a site with:
- Improved navigation and easier access to resources
- A simplified blogging function
- An innovative, interactive global map that enables schools and groups to connect with each other
- A reward system that enables users to earn points for engaging with the site
- A more vibrant and appealing design
- An easier-to-use new content management system
- An improved reporting function, allowing EDF Energy to gain more intelligent data about who uses what on the site.
- More than 18,000 schools and 27,000 teachers are now registered to The Pod.
- In the 5 years since it first launched 10 million students have used The Pod’s resources.
“I really like the resource filters as they made it so much quicker and easier to find exactly what I wanted… The age filter meant I knew which activities were aimed exactly at my class.”
Primary school teacher